Botox®/Injectable Fillers for Men in Manhattan, NYC
Not quite ready for facial surgery? Don’t want the downtime associated with recovery? Injectables may be right for you, and they’re available right here at our convenient Manhattan cosmetic surgery clinic from board-certified Manhattan plastic surgeon and general surgeon Richard W. Swift, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S.
What Are Injectables For Men?
Botox® and Restylane® brought on the wide-spread use of anti-wrinkle and anti-aging injectable treatments. For men, these injectables reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, smoothing the skin and giving it a younger appearance. Commonly treated areas among men are the eyes, cheeks and brows.
Benefits of Injectables For Men
Many people can resonate with feeling younger than they appear. Men who take the step to use injectable fillers report that they finally look as young as they feel. Other benefits of injectables include:
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Improvement of wrinkles
- Smoother skin that appears young
Injectables For Men Before and After
Looking at before and after pictures can provide a general picture of what to expect. It is important to remember however that each patient is very unique, and their results vary greatly. The best way to know what to expect is to schedule your own consultation with Dr. Swift. He will give you a thorough assessment, discuss your goals and let you know what you can expect.
What Types of Injectables Are Available?
- Botox® – Botox® uses a diluted toxin that blocks signals between the nerves to paralyze muscles. This helps remove wrinkles between the eyebrows, and frown lines. Results typically last about three months.
- Belotero® – Moderate to severe wrinkles can be treated using Belotero®, which is made from hyaluronic acid. Shallow lines and wrinkles can also be treated using Belotero®.
- Dysport® – Moderate to severe lines between the eyebrows and frown lines can be treated temporarily by using Dysport® injections.
- Juvederm® -Suitable for treating the outer mouth, lips, chin, jawline, scars and sunken eyes, Juvederm® is derived from hyaluronic acid. Typical results last three to four months.
- Restylane® – FDA-approved Restylane® is used to fill the lips and around the mouth. Other areas treated with Restylane® are the cheeks, under-eyes, contouring the jaw and chin, and smoothing out scars. This hyaluronic acid filler lasts three to four months.
- Xeomin® – With results lasting anywhere from nine to twelve months, Xeomin® is derived from the same bacteria as Botox®. It works on wrinkles on the forehead, frown lines and crow’s feet.
- Sculptra® – Sculptra® comes from a poly-l-lactic acid and has the long-lasting results of two or more years. It is mainly used for wrinkles on the face, areas that are sunken, facial folds and nasolabial folds.
- Voluma™ XC – Voluma™ XC is derived from hyaluronic acid. Treatment lasts anywhere from three to five months. Voluma™ XC is used to treat the cheeks in a non-invasive procedure.
- Radiesse® – Radiesse® uses a water-based gel made of microspheres that come from calcium. This skin filler is used to fill in nasolabial folds and wrinkles, with results lasting up to one year.
How Can A Man Prepare For Injectables?
Two weeks prior to your treatment, avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (Advil, Motrin, Aleve or Ibuprofen), Gingko Biloba, Vitamin E or fish oil supplements. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site. If you require a pain remedy during this time period, it is ok to take Tylenol.
What Can A Man Expect During Recovery From Injectables?
Most patients experience no discomfort and are perfectly fine after their injectable treatment. Any discomfort is mild. You may take Tylenol® to help with pain (avoid aspirin, Motrin, and fish oil for 1 week). A cool compress may be used for additional comfort, but do not use ice, since it may irritate the skin.
Should I Try Injectables For Men?
If you desire to have a smoother, youthful appearance, injectables may help you achieve that with minimal effort. Injectables for men can treat many areas including the brows, eyes, mouth, nose and other wrinkles and folds around the face. Dr. Swift can access the condition of your skin and help you formulate a personalized treatment plan that will get you closer to the skin you desire.
Are Injectables For Men Right for Me?
If you are concerned about the look of deep wrinkles and folds around the face, brows, eyes, nose and mouth, injectables may help give you softer, younger-looking skin. Dr. Swift can properly evaluate you as a candidate for injectables.
How Much Do Injectables Cost?
Costs for your injectable treatment will vary depending on the number of treatments needed to achieve your desired result. Most insurance plans do not cover plastic surgery or specific cosmetic treatments. Dr. Swift accepts payment via cash, check, or credit card, as well as Prosper Healthcare Lending as a financing option.
Why Choose Dr. Swift?
Board-certified plastic surgeon Richard W. Swift, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S. provides a variety of cosmetic surgeries and treatments to help improve and enhance your natural beauty. A graduate of Yale and Brown University, Dr. Swift has earned prestigious awards for his vast medical expertise and experience. In addition to offering a wide range of cosmetic surgery options, Dr. Swift can also provide detailed consultations on surgical techniques, alternative treatments, and pre- and post-operative care. Throughout the process, his number one goal is to deliver personalized, high-quality, one-on-one care to ensure your complete comfort and satisfaction.
What to Expect During Your Consultation?
Dr. Swift will carefully examine the area to be treated, and discuss your options with regard to the use of injectables. He will also formulate a plan tailored to your individual needs and goals. Because there are a variety of injectables available, Dr. Swift will personally evaluate your facial physiology to determine the best course of action for you. Above all, he welcomes your concerns or questions and will take the time to answer each one to your full satisfaction.
Restore your youthful vigor and reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles with injectables and dermal fillers. Many of these treatments can be done during your lunch hour with no downtime, so you can look and feel better about yourself right away. Contact our Manhattan, NYC office today to learn more.