Botox®/Injectable Fillers in Manhattan, NYC
Not quite ready for facial surgery? Don’t want the downtime associated with recovery? Botox® and injectable fillers may be right for you, and they’re available right here at our convenient Manhattan cosmetic surgery clinic by board-certified Manhattan plastic surgeon and general surgeon Richard W. Swift, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S.
What Are Injectables?
Injectables were popularized by the creation of wrinkle and age-reducing injections such as Botox® and Restylane®. These work on the skin level to help smooth the skin and reduce the look of wrinkles.
Benefits of Injectable Fillers
Many people who have had injectable fillers tell us that they finally look as young as they feel! In addition, they enjoy the following benefits:
- Softer, more youthful contours in the face
- Less noticeable signs of aging such as wrinkles and creases
- Greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- Less downtime and recovery than with traditional surgical methods
Injectable Fillers Before and After
We invite you to browse our extensive catalog of cosmetic treatments to see the types of results Dr. Swift has obtained for his patients. Keep in mind that each individual is different and that you’ll learn more about the outcome you can expect from your specific surgery or treatment at your consultation with Dr. Swift.
What Types of Injectables Are Available?
- Belotero® – Belotero® is a dermal filler made from hyaluronic acid. It is designed to be used on superficial lines and facial wrinkles that are moderate to severe.
- Botox® – Botox® paralyzes muscles with a diluted toxin that will block nerve signals and help erase wrinkles. It is designed to be used on frown lines and those furrows between the eyebrows. This treatment can last three months.
- Chemical Peels – Chemical peels can improve your skin in the least invasive manner by applying a chemical solution to the skin. Afterward, the skin will “blister” and peel off the dead layer, leaving behind softer and smoother new skin.
- Dysport® – Dysport® temporarily improves lines with a prescription injection designed for moderate to severe frown lines or those lines between the eyebrows.
- Juvederm® – Juvederm® is a hyaluronic acid-based filler that is designed to work on fine lines and wrinkles, especially those around the outer mouth. It can be used for under-eye hollows, lip enhancement, defining cheek contours and the Cupid’s bow, shaping the chin and jawline and softening scar appearance. These results last three to four months.
- Radiesse® – Radiesse® is a dermal filler that is a water-based gel made of calcium-based microspheres. It is designed to be used in plumping up facial wrinkles and folds and filling in nasolabial folds. The results of this procedure will last nearly a year.
- Restylane® – Restylane® is an FDA-approved hyaluronic acid-based soft tissue filler designed for lip augmentation and the mouth’s mild to moderate creases. It can also work for contouring cheeks, smoothing the under-eye area, defining the chin and jawline, and softening depressions and scars on the face. The treatment will last about three to four months.
- Restylane® Lyft – the first and only FDA-approved filler to restore fullness to the cheeks and add volume to correct and smooth ‘smile lines’ (nasolabial folds).
- Restylane® Silk – an injectable filler used to plump lips or to eliminate lines appearing around the mouth or between the nose and mouth, such as “smoker’s lines,” circles under the eyes, and for acne scarring and cheek depressions.
- Sculptra® – Sculptra® is used for facial folds, nasolabial folds, facial wrinkles, and sunken spots. Made from a poly-l-lactic acid base, the results of this dermal filler will last two years or more.
- Voluma™ XC – Voluma™ XC adds plumpness to the cheeks and is a non-invasive way to look years younger. It is hyaluronic acid-based, and just one treatment can last three to five months.
- Xeomin® – Xeomin® is made from the same bacteria as Botox®. It is designed for crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles, and frown lines. The treatment is expected to last nine to twelve months.
Preparing for Injectables
Each injectable is different and treats different types of tissue and areas of the face. Depending on the treatment area and the number of injections needed, you may feel some tenderness in the area. One of the best reasons to choose injectables is that you can have an injection done on your lunch break and return to work immediately.
Downtime from injectables is minimal, and you can return to your regular activities right away. If you bruise easily, you may wish to use makeup on the affected area to help camouflage the bruise. Some swelling or tenderness may be present but will go away on its own.
Are Injectables Right for Me?
If you are concerned about the look of deep wrinkles or folds around the nose and mouth or you simply want to turn back the clock and get your youthful look back, injectables may be right for you. Dr. Swift will evaluate you as a candidate for injectables at your initial consultation.
How Much Do Injectables Cost?
Costs for your injectables will vary depending on the number of treatments needed to achieve your desired result. Most insurance plans do not cover plastic surgery or specific cosmetic treatments. Dr. Swift accepts payment via cash, check, or credit card, as well as Prosper Healthcare Lending as a financing option.
Why Choose Dr. Swift?
Board-certified plastic surgeon Richard W. Swift, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S. provides a variety of cosmetic surgeries and treatments to help improve and enhance your natural beauty. A graduate of Yale and Brown University, Dr. Swift has earned prestigious awards for his vast medical expertise and experience. In addition to offering a wide range of cosmetic surgery options, Dr. Swift can also provide detailed consultations on surgical techniques, alternative treatments, and pre- and post-operative care. Throughout the process, his number one goal is to deliver personalized, high-quality, one-on-one care to ensure your complete comfort and satisfaction.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
Dr. Swift will carefully examine the area you wish to have treated, and discuss the results you can expect to achieve with a specific number of treatments. Since each individual is different, Dr. Swift will discuss a unique, tailor-made plan just for your specific needs. He will take the time to answer all your questions and help you feel more confident and excited about the new, younger-looking you!
Contact our Manhattan, NYC office today to schedule your appointment and learn how injectables can help restore youthful, vibrant skin!